Cincinnati Public Schools is hiring Substitute Teachers to serve the district's growing student population.
What: Substitute Teacher Hiring Event
When: 9 a.m.–Noon Saturday, November 2, 2019
Where: Cincinnati Public Schools Education Center, 2651 Burnet Ave., 45219
What are the requirement to be a substitute teacher?
- Bachelor's degree (as evidenced by official transcript with degree conferred)
- ODE Substitute Teaching License
How do I apply for a substitute teaching license?
To apply for a Substitute Teacher License, create an OH|ID (formerly SAFE) account with the Ohio Department of Education — Click on the sub-link for Substitute Teachers to review what is required by the state, and make a decision on the type of license you want to apply for (short-term or long-term sub). You may need an IRN# 043752 to apply for the license. CPS is listed under Cincinnati City.
Those who receive job offers will be processed on-site to expedite starting dates.
Bring with you:
- Official, original transcripts
- ODE License
- Birth certificate or Passport
- Social Security Card
- Driver's License or Ohio ID
- Three letters of reference (or emails on the application)
- CPS will require background checks upon hiring. ($50 cash)
Register for the event. (Registering ahead of time will expedite the process once you arrive but it is NOT required to attend!)